Chiang Rai is situated at the northern tip of Thailand that borders Myanmar (Burma) on the north and Laos to the east. A 3-hour early morning drive will take you through picturesque sceneries with a stop at the Mae Kajan Hot Springs. Continue on to Mae Sai, the northern most trading post at the border between Thailand and Myanmar. Here, we enjoy a delicious lunch of the local cuisine. Afterwards, we continue on to the Golden Triangle to observe the magnificent panoramic view of the region – the geo-physical boundary among Thailand, Myanmar and Laos. On our return journey, we visit the ancient city of Chiang Saen, home to some distinctive architectural ruins.
1. 07:00 a.m. Departure from 137 Pillars House.
2. 08:00a.m. Stop at the Mae Kajan Hot Spring for relaxation.
3. 08:30a.m. Drive up to Mae Sai, passing through the city of Chiang Rai.
4. 11:00p.m. Visit the Mae Sai border. Both Thai and foreign tourists come to see the sights and purchase precious stones produced in Myanmar.
5. Enjoy a local Thai lunch.
6. 01:30p.m. Visit The House of Opium and then continue to the world-famous Golden Triangle.
7. 03.30p.m. Explore the magnificent ancient city of Chiang Sean.
8. 07.30p.m. Return to 137 Pillars House.
Duration : 12 hours