(Please note: this tour programme is suitable for more energetic and experienced hikers.)
Explore the natural wonders of Northern Thailand with our exclusive trekking tour programme at Doi Inthanon National Park. At 2,565 metres, Doi Inthanon is Thailand’s highest peak. The majority of the mountain is preserved as a national park (482 sq. kms) while smaller areas have been set aside for agriculture and human habitation.
The park has four waterfalls, terraced rice fields, picturesque valleys and small hill tribe villages. It is also home to exotic butterflies, wild flowers, interesting wildlife and more than 300 species of birds.
1. 8:00 a.m. Departure from 137 Pillars House.
2. 10:30a.m. Arrive at the foot of Doi Inthanon and begin your one-hour trek at the Gew Mae Pan area.
3. 11:45a.m. Visit the Royal Chedis at the summit of Doi Inthanon. The Southern Napamethaneedon and the Northern Napapolphumsiri were built to commemorate the 60th birthday celebrations of His Majesty the King and Her Majesty the Queen respectively. Both contain stylised Buddha images and are decorated with terracotta-tiled murals.
4. Lunch at the Royal Project restaurant.
5. 01:45p.m. Start the second part of the trek at the Pha Dok Siew trail. After one hour, you will reach the Karen hill tribe village at Mae Klang Luang.
6. 03.30p.m. Depart from the park.
7. 05:30p.m. Return to 137 Pillars House.
Duration : 9.5 hours